Anything painted directly, on the spot, always has a strength, a power, a lively touch that is lost in the studio. Your first impression is the right one. Stick to it and refuse to budge.
- Eugene Boudin
Nothing makes me so happy as to observe nature and to paint what I see.
- Henri Rousseau

Friday, September 23, 2005

Julian Beever

Julian Beever
Julian Beever is probably the best known practitioner of “Pavement Art”, highly rendered drawings on city sidewalks. Some of them are portraits or reproductions of old masters, but the most interesting are anamorphic distortions that, when viewed from a certain angle, give a striking illusion of 3 dimensionality. The technique is reminiscent of the old master trick of creating apparently distorted paintings that only assume proper appearance when viewed in the curved surface of a reflective vase or bowl.

26 comments for Julian Beever »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. Comment by Aita Evan
    Wednesday, October 12, 2005 @ 11:53 am

I want Julian Beever in Italy!!! He’s a God of Arts!

2. Comment by Nancy Fox
    Wednesday, November 23, 2005 @ 6:45 pm

Your work in oil is wonderful. Can I afford any of it is the question? Do you have a price list, Thanks Nancy

Thursday, November 24, 2005 @ 11:04 am

Nancy, you should contact Julian directly using the email address on his contact page.

4. Comment by anish dev s
    Saturday, February 18, 2006 @ 3:19 am

really incredible

Saturday, February 18, 2006 @ 8:27 am

Also see my more recent post on Kurt Wenner, the other major proponent of illusionistic street art.

6. Comment by Simon
    Friday, March 17, 2006 @ 5:17 am

Can you please give me an email address to contact Julian. I would like to hire him and want to know his fees.

Thanks,
    Simon

Sunday, March 19, 2006 @ 6:43 pm

Simon, You’ll find an email link at the bottom of the Home page on Beever’s site, as well as on his Contact page.

8. Comment by Karin Werner
    Monday, April 10, 2006 @ 7:55 am

Hello!

I work in Sweden with events, and I would so much like to work with Julian. I have tried all the links above to reach him, but the page is not working and so I need his e-mail adress. Please dear Sir, is it possible to e-mail me instead. I have really tried everywere to get his contacts on the Internet.

Best Regards from lovely Sweden

Monday, April 10, 2006 @ 9:21 am

Karin,

Unfortunately, I have not kept Julian’s email address on record. The best I can say is that his site has gone offline before, only to reappear later. My suggestion is to bookmark it and check it over the next several days (or more) to see if it comes back.

10. Comment by Kenny
    Thursday, July 20, 2006 @ 2:41 am

Hi there, I am from Malaysia doing events over here. I would greatly appreciate it if i can have Julian’s contact or email for my future events and outdoor marketing ads.

Thanks
    Kenny
    +60126084836

Thursday, July 20, 2006 @ 9:25 am

Julian Beever’s contact email can be found on this page of his site: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/cont.htm.

I don’t like to post someone’s email on the blog in a way that would allow spam spiders to pick it up. As of this writing it is: julian.beever[at]belgacom.net (substitute the @ sign for [at]).

12. Comment by Ingrid
    Friday, December 15, 2006 @ 3:54 am

Hi!
    I am trying to contact Julian Beever for over a year now, but I haven’t been successfull yet! His e-mail doesn’t work, so I like to call him. Does anyone has a telephone number for me? That would be great! Thanks!

13. Comment by michelle
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 @ 7:55 pm

did anyone ever find a phone number for him? i’d appreciate it. thanks!

14. Comment by Jocie
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 @ 6:14 pm

I too have been trying to contact Julien. Does anyone have a contact number, or could they at least tell me if he does ‘corporate event’ work, so I know whether to keep trying or to give up? Thank you.

15. Comment by kayly
    Friday, June 8, 2007 @ 7:41 pm

wow

thats…

its soo….

im speechless.

omg

thats one big bottle of coke

16. Comment by Jessica
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 3:42 pm

OMG that is amazing

17. Comment by Vitor Peixeiro
    Monday, July 30, 2007 @ 7:27 am

Congratulations on your work!!

I love it!

I´ve seen the batman and Robin painting on the ground, It´s AMAZING!

I´d love to see this kind of work live:)

18. Comment by Sinead
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 @ 2:06 pm

This is outstanding it look so real what incredible detail this is the best art ive seen in ages

19. Comment by Chris Burnett
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 @ 9:00 pm

Wow man, you really have a bright sence of color and drawing! You’r work is byfar the best i have ever seen, I hope one day i can become a grate artest like yourself.

20. Comment by adam
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 @ 6:53 pm

That is crazy. You are awsome man. Is there anyway I can contact you?

21. Comment by Mylene Malyon
    Friday, May 23, 2008 @ 10:26 pm

hi julian…
    u’re a genius.. very talented..im just wondering where are u now, wat are u doing now?

you’re so great…
    how i wish i can see ur works

22. Comment by Mansur
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 @ 6:50 pm

Wow, amazing pictures anyway the best pic is the coke bottle, it looks proper 3-D.

Thanks,
    Mansur

23. Comment by claire
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 @ 5:57 pm

marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what do you use to draw the pictures?
    chalk or pastels

24. Comment by Mary_Christina_Soty
    Friday, November 28, 2008 @ 10:14 am

25. Comment by Greer Chapin
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

Would like a schedule of Julian Beemer’s concrete chalk drawing shows from 9/2010 through 2012, especially in New York City. So many people ask!!! Thank you for interest in helping gain this information!

Sincerely,
    Greer Chapin

26. Comment by haily
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 @ 2:57 pm

I am a aspiring student with too much money, how much does Mr. Beever charge for his work?