Thursday, April 7, 2011

Luis Ruiz

Luis Ruiz
Luis Ruiz is an artist from Málaga, Spain who draws wonderful location sketches, particularly of architectural subjects.

Aside from that, I know little about him, despite the fact that he has a “Meet the Correspondents” page on Urban Sketchers, which is where I encountered his work.

You can view posts marked with his name on Urban Sketchers, or visit his extensive Flickr sets, which seem to be his only formal web presence.

Ruiz has a light touch, sketching in pen and ink with touches of watercolor (and perhaps markers?). He has a knack for suggesting enough of a structure to give it weight and solidity with just a few lines, emphasized by his judicious tone work, capturing nuances of light and shade in the geometry of his compositions.

5 comments for Luis Ruiz »

1. Comment by Robert McCall
    Friday, April 8, 2011 @ 12:40 am

Escellent work – I wish I had the patience. Great work.

2. Comment by Alberto
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 @ 8:00 am

Wow! Hermosos trabajos; escenarios y colores realmente fantásticos.
    Una gran admiraci├│n!

Alberto

3. Comment by Rob Carey
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

I’m a big fan of Luis Ruiz- wonderful sketches!

4. Comment by rene fijten
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Good to see Luis on these pages, Like Rob I am also a big fan.

5. Comment by omar jaramillo
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 @ 8:56 am

Luis has a big fan club. I am also a fan too!