Friday, July 5, 2013

Eye Candy for Today: Ingres portrait of Princesse de Broglie

Princesse de Broglie, Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres
Joséphine-Éléonore-Marie-Pauline de Galard de Brassac de Béarn (1825–1860), Princesse de Broglie, Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres

In addition to dazzling the eye with his handling of face, figure, fabric and jewelry, Ingres leaves no doubt that he has nailed the sitter’s likeness.

In the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Use “Fullscreen” link and download arrow.

5 comments for Eye Candy for Today: Ingres portrait of Princesse de Broglie »

1. Comment by Aelle
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 6:10 am

Aaaaaaaaahhh! Can you hear me scream of envy??? The Princess and Ingres …..

2. Comment by Bill Carman
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 10:52 am

One of my skin tone gods. When I see the work in person I want to plant gentle kisses on the skin.

3. Comment by Sherrill
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

*sigh* Simply perfection! When I was little and my mom would take me to the fabric store, I had to touch every piece of fabric in there. This painting makes me want to touch the fabrics here as well! ! !

And I agree with Bill, his mastery of skin tones is superb! And again . . . *sigh* :)

4. Comment by J.R. Barker
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Check this out. It’s a painting of Princess Jasmine inspired by this painting. http://media-cache-ak3.pinimg.com/736x/15/24/28/152428ac42b985cd1ed668d2ddc35dd5.jpg

Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

This is hilarious. Thanks, J.R.